cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recalculate Depreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Please help me in this issu.eI am changing depreciation key using AS to calculate special depreciation.The system is not showing any new calculation though the key is changed Please help me what is that I am doing wrong or do I

have to do something else.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I executed AFAR and seen.It is showing as processed asset is 1 but

the changed asset has zero.And calculation is also not changed.

Please help me on this.How to execute AFAR.

Thanks in advance

Geeta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you ever tested your new key independently to check whether it is calculating depn. correctly. Create a new asset with the new key and see how it works. If it works fine, the key should work when you replace an existing one and run AFAR. In AFAR, you can also input the asset # to check specific changes to the depn.calculation to that asset alone in test mode. You may have to execute in background without test mode.

Thanks

Jagdish

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is just one asset, then recalculate from the asset maintenance transaction AS02 (Edit --> Recalculate Values). If the message is "No changes made", then the asset was already correctly calculating.

Another way to check this is to goto the Asset Explorer prior to recalculating. If you get a message that the values in depreciation area XX have changed, then the system is telling you that you <u>need</u> to recalculate because the values on the Explorer are not current.

-nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Geetha,

Run t-code AFAR and then check your depn. calculation. It should update with new values as per the new key.

Thanks

Jagdish