cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain Characteristics in COPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are Cost center ,Cost element ,Posting date,Posting period also fixed fields.If not what are they.Thanks in advance..Please help me out ASAP...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Radhika....

But when I goto Maintain chars ...Display....Extras..fixed Chars..I then see three tabs..

Chars/Tech fields/Acctng Amounts

My question is : Is there any difference in the three tabs because I see company code in Tab 1

Cost center in Tab 2..

Please help me on this....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All of them (char/ tech fields and acntg amounts) are all fixed fields of a data structure. These rae all the fixed fields which are automatically defineed in ev3ry operating concern. In addition to this, you can include ur own predefined char which are not defined int he fixed fields.

For more clarity on this refer the below help.sap.com

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/7a/4c48c64a0111d1894c0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Hope this clarifies. Pls assign points if helpfu

regards,

radhika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sirisha,

All the fields given by you are defined or maintained in the PA Area and they are fixed fields. Its not mandatory that you have to chose all the fixed fields for your Operating concern. You can chose the fields as required by your OC. the fields defined are stored with the attributes across data structures.

The field posting period , posting date can be defined as a variable for your reports. through Tcode KE3E.

Hope this helps, Pls assign points if helpful.

regards,

radhika