cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Images as URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to load images from web server as external links. When loading the image we have an option to store the image in the repository or Link to original file only. Is there a way to use URL instead of Windows file location.

Thanks

vara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vara,

I don't believe there is currently any way to load images to MDM as a URL. I believe you can only store internally to MDM or store as a link that you can access through a file server.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tim,

All our images are on Web Server and It is in DMZ. We can't create network mapping to Web Server. Only alternative I see is duplicating them onto a file server and load them as links. If I load them as Links how do I keep them in Sync. If I change an Image in its original location does MDM recognize the change and reload it automatically or de we have to do this manually.

Thanks

vara vegesine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vara,

In an MDM repository images,text blocks, and PDFs are stored in object tables of the corresponding type.

Using an object table allows a single copy of an object to be associated with multiple records.Any change to the object, needs to be made only once and is immediately reflected in all the associated records.