cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reimport an Image

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the error "Location \sixers\c:\images not accessible" when I tried to Reimport an image in Data Manager. I am trying to Reimport by right click on the image in Images table and select Reimport option. I loaded the image as a Link by selecting option "Link to original file only" when loading the image

Any suggestions will be appriciated.

Thanks

vara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vara,

As you are not able to reimport specific image , you could not see the same image in your Data Manager.

so, you just copy that same image in different location and then try to reimport it to the Data Manager that will let u know whether that image is capable of importing or it is damaged.

How u r importing the images?

Individually or bulk wise, coz if ur importing the images bulk wise then it may sometimes happen that one or two images did not get copied properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vara,

Since the error is <b>Location \sixers\c:\images not accessible</b> I would like to share the way i followed..

Sometimes, one may want to reimport a new/different or same image into an existing image record<u> while preserving all of the links to the original image across the different image lookup fields of the repository.</u>

in this case,you may reimport one or more images from their original source locations:

a) for that in the Records pane, select the image record(s) you want to reimport.

b) then Right-click on one of the records and choose Reimport from the context menu, or choose Objects Reimport from the main menu to open the Reimport Images dialog.MDM places Use original data group(s) into the Data Groupdrop-down list, and places the selected image filename(s) into the Filespane.

You can use the Data Group drop-down list to select a new data group to be applied to all of the reimported images.

c) finally,Click OK to close the Reimport Images dialog and reimport the images from the original locations. MDM opens the Reimporting Images progress dialog to indicate the status as it reimports each of the images.

Moreover,details about replacing images are available @

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/9340b6ff0b274ee10000000a422035/content.htm">this URL</a>

Hope it will suffice to hint you.

Reward points if you find it useful

Regards,

Krutarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vara,

Can you verify that the image still exists in the original location (\sixers\c:\images)? Do you have access to this area from the PC you are doing the Reimport on?

The Reimport option looks in the exact location where the original file was loaded.

If the image name or location has changed you will have to do a Replace.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tim,

I am running SQL Server express on my laptop and Console/Data Manager also on my laptop. The images are in the original location and have access to all. My MDM version is 5.542.48 on Window Vista Ultimate.

Thanks

vara