Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting missing Authorization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

One of the project member reported a problem that she could not upload a document to solution manager. I have verified su53 and it says that authorization check failed. Authorization object --> S_IWB (Knowledge warehouse)

Object class BC_C Basis -Development environment.

Can any body suggest how to start troubleshooting and adding missing authorization object please ?

Many Thanks,

Nick

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Please go through the docs in help.sap.com.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/02/4af54075198431e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Also what roles did you assign to the user. Please check if there are authorization objects related to uploading documents in Soultion Manager.

Please reward some points.

Regards,

Kiran.

0 Kudos

Thank you very much Kiran. I found the answer. SAP_SOL_KW_ALL role was assigned to the project member, but there is restriction with in that. I have gone to details and importing document option is not selected ( this is the SAP devlivered template)

Many Thanks for your help again.

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

In the SU53 screen, it will show the required input for each field. So what u can do is to either create a new role or using an existing role, assign the authorization object S_IWB to that role. Fill in the fields of the S_IWB object for example the field IWB_AREA or ACTVT with the one shown in the SU53 screen.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Elaini

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem resolved.

Thanks