cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure remote login

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I installed ecc6.0 on a server, i am able to connect to it from my laptop( in the same network). But how to configure it for conecting from outside .

can any one of you provide steps to configure remote login.

points will be awarded.

thank you,

sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gus,

thanks for ur help, can u give steps for how to configure VPN, iam new to networking.

i awarded points for both of u.

thank you,

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you..

First let me know where is the server located at??Is it at Client place.

are you trying for remote logon??

For remote logon many clients provide a secure id token (RSA secure id).

This is to authenticate the user and it will be done by Firewall.Once you pass thru this step then you can access client network.

So to configure a remote login your system should have some interface medium to acess the client place.Usually these will be done by publishing serevrs at CITRIX.

Hope u got the concept now.

If u need any doc i will search and send to u.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

you are able to connect to SAP as you accessed it from same network.So If you want to access it from out side say like from Offshore,

You should have VPN/VLAN connectivity to the SAP Server's network.

with out connecting to SAP Server's network you can not access it.

Also Once you connected via some path, You need to add the systems to the SAP logon pad.For this you need Application server/message server details along with system numbers from SAP side.

hope you are clear.

Thanks..

PS : award points if this is helpful to u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can configure VPN connection to your network.

If VPN does not solve your problem, then you have to learn more about setting up and configuring SAProuter:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4f/992d39446d11d189700000e8322d00/content.htm

Regs,

FS