cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consignment sale

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii,

we have our own retail outlets, from we sell to the end customers. can anyone suggest whether to go for a consignment model or to create the outlet as a plant, keeping in view with the central excise and taxes implication.

some times there could be transfer of stock from one outlet to other outlet.

This is rather urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Suri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

better go with differnt delivering plants... dont go with consignments

Bcoz you are not going to bill for your outlet after selling to the customer... you just going to bill to the customer...

Muthupandiyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suryanarayan,

It is advisable to have your retail outlets has different plants.

But if you have more retail outlets then maintenance would become a big issue which one of my clients had faced.

In that case the best advisable thing would be to have your outlets has storage locations.

Please reward if helpful.

Thanks

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Murtaza

Thank you for your reply.We may need to create about 40 plants.In your reply you have mentioned that maintainability could be a problem. I would appreciate if you can throw some light on this, as we are in the process of finalising the Org. Structure.

Regards

Suryanarayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

to my understanding its better to have htem as plants. if u go for the consignemnt route even then u will have to face the same excise and tax issues. having them as plants will allow more flexibility. but if the number of plants is too high then there may be issues like maintainablity.

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai surya,

can you elaborate more so than we can understand the business process and help you.

with regards

m.sashidhar