cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all;

We just have BI 7.0; but when I opened the query designer I still saw the old Query designer because I had GUI 640 ; so I installed new GUI 7.1 and got the new look of Query designer fine but I don't see a button to run the query on BEx analyzer. Only option I have is to Execute the query but it goes to the web.

The other issue I have is when I go to the BEx analyzer via RRMX the excel window opens but don't see any extra menu we used have to open the query save it...and etc.

Does someone have this issue before?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know your problem in 7.1 but in 6.40 you can use new 7.0 tools. You have to install before microsoft framework 1.1 and later add the new components from sap gui 6.40 installation. Then you will have the two query designers, etc..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitik,

You can use sapgui 640, tehere´s no problem.Check this note: 877774

It has a list of pre rec´s in order to use the new reporting tools.

Hope this helps.

Tomas Prusaczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the info, but since I already have GUI 7.1 during the installation GUI 640 got uninstalled. Now I should either look for old gui or fix this one. I would like to fix this one...not sure whats the reason I am missing those options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem Nitik.You can still have sapgui 7, but I think you´ll have to install it again.

The problem is when you don´t have Microsoft .Net instaled.You must have the 1.1 version(as described at that note).When you install it run sapgui setup again and you will see that some options are now available, so check them and finish installation.

I don´t remember exactly the name of components you have to check, but they have very familiar names ....

Tomas Prusaczyk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitik,

Follow these steps. It should help.

1) Install Dot net framework Version 2 (Minimum required is 1.1)

2) Install Microsoft Visual J# .Net

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E3CF70A9-84CA-4FEA-9E7D-7D674D2C7CA1&displa...

3) Apply OSS Note 1025122 – Microsoft Office 2003 Update

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1B0BFB35-C252-43CC-8A2A- 6A64D6AC4670

4) Install Sap GUI 7.10 (Select both GUI and Business Explorer during Installation)

5) Upgrade the SAP GUI to Patch level 3

Rgds,

Abhishek