cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer - Closing connections

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

the RFC connections to the R/3 backend system are not closed when I close my iviews which are created in the Visual Composer. Each time the iview is reloaded, an additional RFC connection is opened.

Someone in the forum reply to same issue:

The connector pool keep the connection alive to be reused by the model iViews datasource, those connections will be closed at the timeout or when CLEANUP runs. It's not a problem is the way how the connector framework works.

Adapt the timeout according to the following SAP Notes: SAP NW Portal Connectivity - Central Note 913483

I've checked the expiration setting of my sap connector SAPFactory:

Connection lifetime: 3600

Cleanup Thread: 5

So why my RFC connection to backend system aren't closed?

I've found this info looking on the help sap...

Visual Composer on NetWeaver 2004s maintains an open connection when using RFC and BAPI calls in one transaction. Visual Composer on NetWeaver 2004 closes the connection after every RFC / BAPI call to the back end regardless of the transaction.

Is it true? If Yes How can I force closing connections?

Best regards.

Tiziano Cracco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiziano,

there is already a thread about the same topic here in the forum. I remember that I read it in the last days. Please use the search function to find it. Luis, from the SAP support has already answered to it. I think there will be a fix in the next SPS.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

thanks for your fast reply...

thread that You mentioned it's exactly the one I've reported in my post;

Luis said that this issue it's not a problem but the way how it works; he said that if You want you can adapt timeout setting.

My problem is that even if I've set expiration setting, RFC connection still open.

Best regards,

Tiziano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiziano,

ok then I would say it is a bug... open an oss and ask for luis, maybe he can help you very fast.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Answers (0)