cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Loads are not working: 0RECORDMODE no mapping in DSO and Infosource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends, Please help me on this. This is a major help if I can resolve.

Question Number#1 : Our Delta Loads are not working. Only Full Load Works We are using 0FI_GL_10 DS--IS- DSO -- CUBE. Model in BI 7.O

Now I only see the mapping FOR 0record Mode in DATASOURCE - INFOSOURCE but no mapping in DSO and Infosource. So is that Mapping for 0RECORDMODE Has to be there between Infosource and DSO to make delta work or is it ok that to have it only in DATASOURCE - INFOSOURCE.

Question 2 If yes what is the oss note or what should we do to make the 0record mode mapping appear in DSO and IS. since I already applied couple of OSS which does not do any thing. we are on SP 10

Please email me if you have any docs at soniyakv@hotmail.com

Thanks

Regards

Soniya Kapoor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Soniya,

Recordmode in ODS/DSO is usefull for further updating data from ODS/DSO to Cube or DSO.

So you need to map 0recordmode. First check datasource : 0FI_GL_10 is delta capable or not...?

You can check at ROOSOUCE and ROOFIELD tables in source system side.

Hope it helps

Srini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Soniya,

just a silly question - you say that the delta do not work does that mean that you do not get records?

The same happen to me until I discovered that that there are 2 parameters that control the upload of FI data to BI... Data of the previous day are never extracted by default before 2am the next night... This is controlled by the 2 parameters BWFISAFETY and BWFITINBOR in table BWOM_SETTINGS in the source system.

Hope it helps,

best regards,

Rodolphe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rodolphe , I do not find any fields like BWFISAFETY and BWFITINBOR in ECC Table BWOM_SETTINGS for 0FI_GL_10 Datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Table BWOM_SETTINGS doesnot apply for ( new ) 0FI_GL_10...u can check for GL postings in FAGLFLEXT using Timestamp.

Find the recordmode in Technical Rule Group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then I tried to Go to BWOM_SETTINGS for 0CO_OM_CCA_9 datasource but I find the values like BWFISAFETY = 1 and BWFITINBOR = 020000

what do I need to change to make the delta extract faster like in 1 or 2 hours or is this setting ok. I read the oss 416265 BUT It did not tell this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soniya,

Datasource : 0FI_GL_10

After Images Marked for Deletion via Extractor (FI-GL/AP/AR)

In the delta process, the DataSource transfers the record data with the new status in each case. For this reason, the data cannot be updated directly to the InfoCube. The update is only possible using the ODS object (update with MOVE).

For safety, the delta process uses a lower interval setting of one hour (this is the default setting). In this way, the system always transfers all postings made between one hour before the last delta upload and the current time. The overlap of the first hour of a delta upload causes any records that are extracted twice to be overwritten by the after image process in the ODS object with the MOVE update. This ensures 100% data consistency in BW.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/757140723d990ae10000000a155106/content.htm">General Ledger: Balances, Leading Ledger</a>

What is the problem...? R u not able to do delta from source to DSO...?

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends. Thanks for your answer on theory which I know, Please help me with this situation. I read all the sdn response to my message and have below for your suggestion

QUES1: Why the 0RECORDMODE is not coming in Standard DSO and hence it is not there in Transformation in between Infosource and DSO. What do I need to include 0RECORDMODE in standard DSO. What is the correct OSS to Implement on SP 10 to solve this.

Ques2. As suggested by you If I run the Delta loads after waiting for 1 hour of Init load. say init load was done at 11 am . i will do the delta at 12:10 am to psa via Infopack and then wait for an hour to run the DTP from PSA to DSO. Delta Records come in but it also bring in the records in DSO that are not changed from about 7 hours in ECC. and make our total Balance incorrect.

Ques3: We have this Cocatenation of Keys in DSO since we exceeded the total number of 13 key in DSO.

Cocatenation#1 GL ACCT and CHRT OF ACCTS

Cocatenation#1 SEGMENT AND CONT AREA

Cocatenation#1 Version, Value Typem, Valuation view, Currency Type.

Since business want to include <b>HR Data</b> in Keys Like Employee Number, Emp Code, EMPSPIMCODE. Payroll ID and I can not remove these fields from Key in DSO as per the business.

Also the above fields GL ACCT , CHRT OF ACCTS, SEGMENT, CONT AREA

exist in Data FIELDS OF DSO. so what are the steps to modify the design to fix this asap.

Please email me at soniyakv@hotmail.com if you have any docs to resolve the above

Thanks

Soniya