cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VT01N : SAP getting slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

We've noticed over the past 2 or 3 weeks that SAP is taking a lot longer to do things when it comes to delivery and shipment creation.

For example, It is standard practice for each user to go into VT01N to create shipments, select all deliveries, and then move the deliveries appropriate to that user into shipments. Normally this procedure blocks deliveries for all other users during this process, but once the shipments are saved then the deliveries usually become unblocked.

However in the past 2 or 3 weeks, we have noticed a big change in how long this is taking - instead of it the other deliveries being unblocked again, it is now taking 5 or 10 minutes for them to be available.

Can anyone explain why this has started to happen? If it is due to the size of the database working behind SAP becoming larger and populated with more data, then can we expect all our processes to continue to slow down for the foreseeable future?

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

The reason for the performance issues that your are experiencing with deliveries and shipments could be related to high data volumes. Does this system have SAP archiving enabled? If not then the notes to look for are:

SAP Note Number 71930 - Sources of information for SAP data archiving. There is also an interesting book from SAP Press, Archiving your SAP data by Helmut Stefani.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Nisch

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you know, there can be many reasons for the bad performance (e.g. DB and R/3 parameterization, Patches, OS settings, memory, CPU, Statistics of the tables, indexes, bad programming, network,Oracle <b>Bugs</b> etc....)

Did you have a look at the execution plan of the slow statement? How big is this table? is a FULL table scan or index scan chosen? How good is the index or how is the storage quality of the index? Do you think that the used index ist the right index for this statement? Any many other questions.

If you have "bad" values for the Storage Quality of the used index, you can rebuild the index and should collect again the statistics after rebuilding. Please see and read following SAP Notes very <b><u>carefully</u></b> to check the storage quality of the index, which is used in the statement.

<b><u>771929</u></b> - FAQ: Index fragmentation

<b><u>332677</u></b> - Reorganizing degenerated Indexes

which oracle database version do you have?

Did you implement the database parameters and patches according to the following SAP notes?

<b><u>124361</u></b> - Oracle parameterization (R/3 >= 4.x, Oracle <b><u>8.x/9.x</u></b>)

<b><u>830576</u></b> - Parameter recommendations for Oracle <b><u>10g</u></b>

<b><u>871096</u></b> - Oracle Database 10g: Patch sets/patches for <b><u>10.2.0</u></b>

Best regards

Baran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Baran

Thank for your help , sorry I can’t able to explain the my issue in first attempt

For the same issue I found the sap note 495564 & 494674

Actual problem is user XYZ creating the shipment via VT01N & in VT01N user XYZ select 10 outbound delivery out of 20, that mean rest of 10 should be unlock for other shipment process .

once the user XYZ save the shipment which contain 10 delivery ,the other user ABC start processing the new shipment for remaining 10 delivery , but due to some reason system issue the massage (<b>VW 846) “The delivery & is currently being processed by user XYZ"</b>

But user XYZ had already save the shipment & come out from VT01N ,VT02N .

It will take 10 to 20 minute for the user ABC to process the new shipment for remaining 10 delivery .

As per the sap note 495564 & 494674 I made the change but result is same , still system take 10 to 20 minute for processing new shipment.

If you have solution for the same please let me know.

Nitin .

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should refer to the proper functional forum. This is not a Basis issue. This is not a SAP on Oracle problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brunelle

The problem is not from functional side, I check, and then only I post the thread over here.

The problem with shipment occurs from last 1 month, I check there is no customisation changes are carried out for shipment.

In order to process the shipment systems consider sales order header date, item data, delivery header data, item data.

If you come across same kind of issue where system take time to refresh the data or take time to process the delivery please suggest me for the same.

Thanks for your help.

Nitin

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check if DB statistics are up to date. to make sure, run job UpdateStats in DB13 on a daily basis.

if this still stays slow, you will need to isolate the SQL request that takes long. search SAP notes as this is a SAP standard program and get an official statement from sAP.