cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is "Restricted Use Stock"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Request to guide on the following terminology "Restricted use stock".

In customizing of MRP->Net requirement calculation, is advisable to consider this stick in planning?

Regards

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Ristricted Stock is another kind of stock which can be configured as per business requriements like block stock, etc.

These stock can be separated from other kinds of stock and can be planned /not planned.

Thanks

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excerpt from SAP MRP manual

<i>The system calculates plant stock. For all storage locations which belong to this plant and which are not excluded from materials planning or are planned separately, the following stocks are grouped together to form plant stock:

- Unrestricted-use stock

- Stock in quality inspection

- Unrestricted-use consignment stock

- Consignment warehouse stock in quality inspection

In Customizing for MRP in the IMG activity Availability of Stock in Transfer/Blocked Stock/ Restricted Stock, you can also determine whether stock in transfer, blocked stock and restricted-use stock are included in the plant.</i>

What is important to point is that restricted/unrestricted status is linked to the batch itself and not to a given quantity; for instance, you can block 10 lb of a 100 lb batch using MB1B 344 movement type but the status "restricted" can be applied to the whole batch only, with transaction MSC2N.

In my opinion, you can work with Blocked , which is usually more "noticeable" by most users and let "Restricted" for special cases only. If you have decided not to include these batches in the MRP run, then exclude them in the flat file.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This indicator determines whether restricted-use batch stock is included

in MRP and in the availability check.

In net calculation if the status of batch is restricted then whether you want the system to consider this stock for net calculation as available stock

This depends on the batch status setting...in SPRO

in transaction OMCS, if the batch status management is active, then when we do GR the we can change the status from unrestricted to restricted to hold the batch for some purpose. In such cases if you tick i.e. Restricted use stock then accordingly net calculation result will change

exact help document is as below

Enhancement to Batch Management, which enables you to

make a statement about the usability of the batch. A

batch is either available for use or unavailable and

this is indicated in the R/3 System as:

o Restricted

o Unrestricted

pl come back if you need more clarification

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesha,

Can you please explain in brief how system handles batches having status as 'RESTRICTED"? What I am not getting is whether system will show this stock as BLOCKED STOCK OR stock will be in UNRESTRICTED STOCK but system will not allow to issue or move this material.

Because in our case is planning will be done outside SAP. So, stock situation at end of every week will be down-loaded into flat file and will be upoloaded into planning software. So, if system keep material with batch status as 'RESTRICTED' into UNRESTRICTED STOCK then we can be in trouble as material stock will show quantity which we can not use.

Hope I was able to explain my doubt.

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

It will be there in stock as restcited stock and can be used for MRP-net calculation and ATP depending the tick in MRP plant parameter stock

In MMBE see the column - RESTRICTED STOCK, if not available in your system then you need to configure display version in OMBG.

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Rajesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Mostly Ristricted stock is used to take care of materials that are failed in quality inspection or if the materials need special treatment and if this stock should not be used by anyone then you can move this stock to Restricted stock and decide on how to proceed.

So in Net requirement calculation it depends on the situation what kind of scenarios are used to store in restricted stock.

As this uncertain if we can use restricted stock then it is a good idea to exclude from Net requirement calculation.

thanks

Prashanth

Please reward points if this info was usefull