cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCM reporting in BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way of reporting details of CCM within SAP BI (i.e. business content). We want to report a number of KPIs e.g. number of catalogs per supplier etc. and think it might be best to do this from SAP BI. Is this easy or have others experience of it? We have the SRM BI content installed but this does not give any reporting details of the catalogs.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

CCM 3.0 was supposed to have standard BW integration. As it stands, with 2.0 something custom has to be done.

You may find helpful:

- CCM tables: start with /CCM/*.

- view /CCM/V_SUPPL_ITM "Supplier Product (View for BW Extraction)".

- report /CCM/VERIFY_CATALOG: returns various catalog statistics.

<u>All the CCM tables are stored under Table names </CCM/></u>

<b>You can also check these reports in SE38... There are more of them, do a search on /CCM/*</b>

Report Name Description. Attention / additional hints

/CCM/CLEANUP_CATALOG Deletion / Cleanup of catalogs. May be dangerous since all catalogs can be deleted via this report! The report is needed if an upload crashed in order to delete the temp. version of the uploaded catalog.

/CCM/PATCH_CATALOG Needed if data migration was necessary between two support packages in order to migrate the data.

/CCM/VERIFY_CATALOG Prints out a list of the database content of a catalog.

Options on the selection screen for Item valuations, includes deleted objects, views etc.

/CCM/CATALOG_CME_DATA Shows the predefined characteristics / data types

Shows the characteristics / data types of a catalog.

Can be used to check the data (e.g. alias, aspects) of predefined characteristics

/CCM/VISUALIZE_MAPPING Displays the mapping tables for a given catalog ID

/CCM/INITIALIZE_CME Initializes the predefined data types / characteristics. Used to initialize the catalog

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this answer. Is the way to do it then to get BI to create an generic extract from these tables (i.e. create a generic datasource on the table or a view of the table) and then bring in all this data into a custom DSO/Cube and then just manipulate it in BI. We can do this but it is all non standard BI work. I just though they might have delivered some BI content for CCM. I have looked on help.sap.com and there does not apear to be any.

I suppose another way is to perhaps use visual composer and BAPIs to view this data and put it into dashboards this way.