cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc Payload incorrect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when I was asked to look into this issue I thought it will be a very easy fix, but it didn't turn out to be. A WP_PLU01 idoc is sent from our SAP system with the following values in the

E1WXX01 :

- <E1WXX01 SEGMENT="1">

<FLDGRP>GROUP1</FLDGRP>

<FLDNAME>ARTGEN</FLDNAME>

<FLDVALUE>123456789</FLDVALUE>

</E1WXX01>

The payload on sxi_monitor shows the following:

- <E1WXX01 SEGMENT="1">

<FLDGRP>ARTGE</FLDGRP>

<FLDNAME>1234567</FLDNAME>

</E1WXX01>

I deleted the idoc metadata in tx. IDX2 on XI but that didn't make a difference. When I view the Idoc metadata on XI it is 100% correct. I re-imported the Idoc from SAP in the IR but this also made no difference. If I look at the Idoc that was created in WE02 on R3 I can see that the Idoc was created correctly. Please let me know what else there is I can try to fix this issue.

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudi,

what does IDX5 show if you check the IDOC?

Do you compare really the same idocs?

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

the Payload in IDX5 is the same as in sxi_monitor. I am definitely comparing the same idocs. If I change the output port for the Idoc on R3 to write the Idoc to an XML file directly on the R3 filesystem, the message is correct, the problem is only when the idoc is sent to XI. Is there a place where I can look at the payload before it reaches XI?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I might have found the problem, just don't know how to fix it. If I look at the Idoc metadata in IDX2, I can see the offset for these fields are greater than the field lengths. Does anyone know where to set the offset for fields in an Idoc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudi,

Sounds really strange....i think you should delete and re-import metadata gain. Also clear all cache..using SXI_CACHE...( which you have already done..but try again)

Also you can generate idoc xsd using TC : WE60..and change offset value and then import this as external defination and for target structure use this imported external defination rather than idoc structure in message mapping..

Hope this will help.

Nilesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was the Offset problem on XI, used WP_PLU02 instead.