cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More evidence to force searching

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I'm particularly grumpy this week but this is a joke https://forums.sdn.sap.com/profile.jspa?userID=3703665&start=0

Gareth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep,

Check this for example

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/profile.jspa?userID=3667792&start=0

I just notified the moderators for ABAP Development.

Am I being finicky or is there something actually wrong?

Please implement some search mechanism or maybe prevent someone from creating new threads to 10 in day or something. This guy almost flooded my mail box

Regards

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree. There should be a limit to the number of threads a person can start in a day.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

As long as I can create enough moaning threads I agree

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe if all of us who are prone to answering questions don't just answer and ask people to search like I just saw Rob doing then it should become some barrier.

Or maybe we can have <b>moderator support group</b> or <b> support moderator group</b> who can suspend people from creating threads and refer them to moderators so that action can be taken. I for one would be happy to volunteer

Cheers

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has been suggested by more and more people lately. I'm sure there are lots of people who would volunteer (I would as well.)

My reservations (and I imagine those of the SDN people) are that some of us would be too heavy handed or impolite. The danger is the forums would be killed off due to too many people closing threads or telling people to search - SAPFans.com went a bit downhill for a bit due to this sort of thing. I'm not saying it isn't correct and as far as I'm concerned thats what the forums need but that isn't the belief of everyone concerned and isn't necessarily in the interest of all stakeholders...

And, I've mentioned this before, more moderators would only be fire-fighting and removing the symptoms and not the root cause. As far as I'm concerned the best solution is the forced search as per OSS that a lot of us have suggested.

Gareth.

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's been suggested before: an open questions limit (10?) would have the added benefit of tidying up the forums a bit.

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are not alone.. I shot off an email to Blag this morning.. it will be duly taken care of..

YES.. I support "force searching" akin to what we have in OSS..

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

wow, this person fired 56 questions within 3 1/2 hours.

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for bringing it our attention. Our policy is to inform the user that this isn't acceptable forum behaviour and then to globally delete the posts....next steps after that are to delete user.