cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have an issue wherin the BOM sub items are not getting copied when an order is entered. The user says that only the BOM main item is getting copied and they have to manually enter the subitems. The BOM usage entered in CS03 for the material is 1 (production) and not 5 (sales and distribution).

Is the issue because of the BOM usage not maintained as 5.

Thanks

Srikkanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikkanth

<b>Processing at Main Item Level</b>

If you want the system to carry out pricing, inventory control, and delivery processing at main item level, enter <b>ERLA</b> <i>in the Item category group field of the Sales: sales org. 2</i> screen in the material master record of the finished product. This means that the components only function as text items and are not relevant for delivery. The following graphic shows how a bill of material is processed at main item level.

<b>Processing at Component Level</b>

If you want the system to carry out pricing, inventory control, and delivery processing at the component level, enter <b>LUMF</b> <i>in the Item category group field of the Sales: sales org. 2</i> screen in the material master record of the finished product. In this case, only the components are relevant for delivery. During processing the system automatically creates a delivery group. The latest delivery date among all the components becomes the delivery date for the entire delivery group.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

it may be possible that you have defined a Z item category and that is not relevent for BOM explode.

the field for this is in item category VOV7 please check for the structure scope and Application .

Applicatiopn for the BOM explode will be SD01 (sales and distribution)

structure scope will be based on your BOM following selections are there

Do not explode material structure

A Explode single-level bill of material

B Explode multi-level bill of material

C Configuration, no BOM explosion

D Configuration, poss. with BOM explosion

E Structure from Customer_Function (product selection)

Please check for the setting and revert in case of any problem.

regards

Virandra Sharda

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in vov7 in 'bill of mat' tab. -

struc scope----try by putting a or b.

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth

BILL OF MATERIAL

The Material Ordered, Delivered and Billed consists of one or Several Components.

These components are called as Bill Of Materials

The Material Ordered by the Customer is referred as Main Item or Higher Level item. The Components are referred as Sub-items.

When we enter the Main-item in the Sales documents, the Components are automatically determined and this is called as expansion of Bill Of Materials.

In SD, we treat the processing of Boms in two ways.

Processing at Main-item.

Processing at the Sub-item

The Processing in both cases is controlled by the Item Categories and Schedule line Categories.

Step: 1

Prepare the Martial Master for all the Materials, which is main-item and Sub-item.

In the Material Master, the Item Category group of the Main-item is important.

We need to Maintain the item category group for the Main-items and sub-items as follows.

Scenario Main-Item Sub-Item

Processing at ERLA NORM

Main-item level

Processing at LUMF NORM

Sub-items

Item Category TAQ TAE

Schedule line CP CT

Category

Step: 2

Let us take Computer as a Bom. It has Varies parts like Mouse, keyboard, Motherboard, Ram, CPU.

Let us take Computer has the main-item, and sub-item as the rest.

Prepare Material Master. We have to Prepare Material Master for Main-item and Sub-items.

T-Code: MM01

First Prepare for Computer which is the Main-item.

In Sales: General/Plant. Maintain ERLA in the Item Category Group

Step: 3

Create Material Master for the Sub-item. That is for Keyboard, Mouse,

Motherboard, Ram & CPU.

In Sales: General/Plant. Maintain NORM in the Item Category Group

Step: 4

Create Material Bom.

T-Code: CS01

Step: 5

Create Condition Record.

T-Code: VK11

Maintain Pricing for only the Main-item

Step: 6

Create Sales Order

T-Code: VA01

But refer the document i have given u with screen shots.

Reward if it is useful to u.