cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datafile Missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Our Test system is giving the following alerts in CheckDB operation.

<b>BR0970W Database administration alert - level: ERROR, type: DATA_FILE_MISMATCH, object: /oracle/R3T/920_64/dbs/MISSING00172

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: ERROR, type: DATA_FILE_MISSING, object: /oracle/R3T/920_64/dbs/MISSING00172

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: ERROR, type: FILE_OFFLINE, object: /oracle/R3T/920_64/dbs/MISSING00172</b>

I either need to drop them from the database controlfile or include them in the database.

I ve read the note 19519, which has given me 2 options to resolve this issue.

If you have done it before, then kindly let me know the errors you faced, the precautions you undertook.

Regards,

Sid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is not normal. since when you get this message? This usually means corruption at DB level when a datafile was dropped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have resolved 2 of the alert messages...

I renamed the MISSING file with the datafile name..

Now Check DB shows only 1 alert...

<b>BR0970W Database administration alert - level: ERROR, type: FILE_OFFLINE, object: /oracle/R3T/sapdata8/r3pmseg_18/r3pmseg.data18</b>

where, /oracle/R3T/sapdata8/r3pmseg_18/r3pmseg.data18 is the datafile I renamed MISSING00172 as....

I think the FILE Offline message can be resolved by setting it online or dropping it..

The datafile coes not contain any data...they are datafiles which were newly added...

Eric, I do not think it is a corruption, as VerifyDB does not give any errors..

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try this:

sqlplus "/ as sysdba"

ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE '/oracle/R3T/sapdata8/r3pmseg_18/r3pmseg.data18' ONLINE;

exit;

good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sid,

MOstly There are data files that are offline.Connect to sqlplus check the datafile status in v$datafile; and do alter database data file <data file> online;

Have alook on alert log file for related errors

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinod,

The status of the MISSING file in v$datafile is RECOVER.

The alert log file does not give much information about the current issue.

SId

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Good

Just recover that file and bring online Everything will be smooth .

recover datafile 'datafile_name' ;

alter database datafile 'datafile_name' online ;

If the database is open when you discover that recovery is required, take all tablespaces containing damaged datafiles offline like ALTER TABLESPACE users OFFLINE TEMPORARY;

And after recovery ALTER TABLESPACE sales ONLINE;

Vinod

Message was edited by:

Vinod Udapudi