cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL account-FB60 billing-Profit Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a doubt regarding the GL account.

I have created a new GL account for Expense and also have a Cost Element with CE category 1.

When I use this GL account for posting thru FB60(Vendor invoice creation) the system is prompting me to enter a CO assignment object even though I have entered a Cost Center. On entering the Profit Center, the entry is able to go thru’. This is happening only for this GL account and for other expense GL accounts it is ok if I maintain only the Cost Center.

I am using the same Field status group for all the expense accounts and moreover there is no validation.

Any comments!!

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

When you have assigned a profit center to your cost-center it should automatecly use this profit center. When this is not the case you can assign a default profit center with OKB9

paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

My problem is, the system is prompting me to enter a profit center eventhough this is a expense GL account.

Tks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is profit center mandatory field in that field status group? Maybe other accounts have assigned profit center to them, and this one not. You can check it with transaction 3KEH. Try to post on that account using cost center which has assigned profit center.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using the same field status group for all the GL exp accounts and there is no assignment in 3KEH for Expense accounts.

Thanks

Suresh