Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to debug the standard program by setting the break point.

i want to debug the particular line only in the standard program.

Is there any way, please help me.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Rajaram

5 REPLIES 5

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raja,

Go that particular line in the program highlight it and press ctrlshiftf12 to set the break point and run the transaction.It is as same as we put breakpoints in customized programs.

K.Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will find a icon as stop below the application tool bar. Now place the cursor on the line in the program where you want to set breakpoint and click the stop icon .The breakpoint will be set,then execute the program .

Reward points if u find useful.

Regards,

Subha.

former_member873340
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Raja,

Do jus like kiran has told.

Kindly ensure that the control reaches to that point. to ensure that you need to keep a break point in the begining of any report/routine/form etc. So that you will not miss when u reach that point.

Reward points for all helpfull answers.

Regards

Gowri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in the application tool bar you will have a button in red color [break point] . place the cursor where u want to have break point and click on that line. then that line is indicated as dark red color. from then onwards use function keys

f5-> line by line execution

f6 -> same as f5 but it executes a sub routine as a single line

f7 -> executes all the lines from one break point to another at a single instance

f8 -> executes whole program in a single instance.

if helpful reward some points.

with regards,

Suresh Aluri.

0 Kudos

SAPMV45A this is the program which needs to be debuged.

when i try to set breakpoint, says

The position of a breakpoint cannot be determined.

regards

Rajaram