cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

erase CO-PA Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a lot of data in CO-PA and we need to erase or archive some data of that.

How can i do this??

Best Regards

João Fernandes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joäo,

If you want to archive CO-PA data, then you have to use COPA1_XXXX or COPA2_XXXX archiving object. These are the data related to the Costing based CO PA, Profitability analysis.

First identify which tables you want to archive the data from. For example: CE1NMP1,CE2NMP1, CE3NMP1, CE4NMP1, CE4NMP1_ACCT & CEALE01 these are the tables related to COPA1_XXXX

COPA2_XXXX tables are COEP, COEJ, COBK,COSS, COSP, and COKA

Note: XXXX means your Controlling Area defined by your company.

Both COPA1_XXXX and COPA2_XXXX are independent archiving object so after maintain the basic customizing in Archiving Development Kit you can do archiving.

When you create the Write variant in ADK you can limit you data archiving through the selection criteria.

Note: If you want to store this data for future analysis purpose then you can store it in cheaper storage system.

2. After archiving you can also delete the data. You can automatically run the deletion program or manually you can do deletion program.

Steps: T.Code SARA

Enter Archiving Object COPA1_XXXX, > Customizing > check the logical file customizing and archiving object specific customizing like Delete program setting, storing details and so on...

Back to Main Administration screen,

Create write variant - Specify your selection data and schedule the job.

In this way you can archive and as well as delete.

Hope i have explained your question.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Message was edited by:

Ajay Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

i am performing archiving of copa objects.

For object copa1_xxxx,i have run the write job.

i have selected transaction data.

The write job for this object is taking long time.i.e even after 3 days the job state is "Active".

What may be the reason for this?

please suggest me on this .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Possible reason are program error or selection criteria.

Please check for OSS note based on your system package for this problem. There are many performance issue for archiving object which are solved after implementing OSS notes.

Reward if it benifits.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

i have checked all oss notes related to copa1_xxxx.

nothing has mentioned in those notes.

i have chosen Fiscal year and period as my selection criteria.

i have selected transaction data.

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

We are experiencing very long run times for the COPA2_xxxx write program. Can you suggest specific OSS notes for this problem? We are on release 46C.

Thanks,

Guillermo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Were you able to reduce the runtime for archiving COPA1_xxxx objects? If so, how did you do it?

I am experiencing very long runtimes when archiving COPA1_xxxx, even when selecting just one fiscal year and one period.

Thanks,

Guillermo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi João

You have to create in transaction "SARA", with the Archiving Object "EC_PCA_ITM", and "CO_ITEM" and "CO_ORDER", all the variants

with the dates that you need to archive.

Regards,

Mary Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the deletion is performance-oriented it'll not help but otherwise try to run the program RKECADL1. The usage of it is also described in the OSS note 74486.

Best regards,

Eryk Krysztofiak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use T-code: KEDB

Best Reggards

Ashish Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashid,

Thank you for your answer but i would like to erase data between dates...for example a year.

Best Regards

João Fernandes