cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Seeburger AS2 Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wheni go thru my adapters list i didn't find Seeburger AS2 adapter in the list, but my client wants to use the Seeburger AS2 adapter for their scenario's. What should i do in order use the Seeburger AS2 adapter. Is it a third party adapter? do we need to get any license from SAP to use this adapter. Or is there any equivalent adapter available in XI for seeburger AS2 adapter. Kindly suggest

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Seeburger AS2 adapter is third party adapter for SAP XI .

You can purchase it from SAP service marketplace.

You can't find any free AS2 adapters for SAP XI so you just need to choose which one you want to buy.

Regards

Naycho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to take a license from Seeburger and after that you need to deployee the adapter framework of seeburger on XI.

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag Gohil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Thanks for the update, is there any equivalent adapter available in XI in place of seeburger AS2 adapter.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not aware of the scenario for which you wanted to use AS2 adapter.Can you please let me know.

Normally all seeburger adapters are used for B2B scenarios.

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag Gohil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

My scenario is i want to place my purchase order xml into one url(Idoc to AS2 scenario) and they will place the response file in the url i have to pick that and update my R/3 data accordingly(AS2 to RFC scenario). For this my client is asking me to go for AS2 adapter. Can i achieve the above scenario with the AS2 adapter or not. Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are your client using B2B scenario. B2B means the data is flowing over WAN or Mailbox.

I dont know why client has suggested AS2 adapter.

Still the requirement is not clear to me.

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag Gohil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Could clearly differentiate between A2A and B2B taking a simple example. Bcoz i am little bit confused with A2A and B2B scenario's. What i know is if the data sharing is between different applications within a organisation that is A2A and if the same thing happens across different organisations then it is B2B. This is my understanding. Plrease correct me if iam wrong.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes your understanding is right. Normally for B2B the customer sends data over WAN or through Mailbox and ususally the data is encrypted using digital certificate for security reasons.

For B2B the data is send in EDI format (EDIFACT,TRADACOM,INHOUSE and many more) and the seeburger adapters like AS2,X400,OFTPS are used to convert the EDI format to XML and viceversa..

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag gohil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Thanx for the info, and i have one more doubt suppose my scenario is idoc to file and in the file adapter configuration i am using FTP and directlry placing the file in the different organisation. then u mean this is also B2B scenario or not.

Regards,

Venkat