Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generic data source

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts

i would like to know about generic data sources;

1.when we create generic datasources.

2.give me scenarios in SD and MM applications where we create generic data sources.

regards

ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

we go for generic datasource in situation where we want to pull data from a table r view. U can create generic extractor for the table r view. and replicate that data source in BW sys. can create cube r ods to do reporting.

regards

md zubair sha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rames,

I can give an example for MM in our project when we use the generic data source.

Almost in all the companies , they have toi create seperate z table to get all transaction for all materials in a particular month , but in the satndard SAP we have only MBEW and MBEWH , so the usually create one ztable based on these two tables.

So we created one generic data source extractes by table/view to get the stock on monthly basis.

Hpe it helps, assign pts if helpful..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramas,

When the data sources available in RSA5 not satisfying our requirement, we usually go for the creation of custom data sources. Before starting the creation of generic data sources, please have a look on the SAP provided data sources in RSA5. If only certain fields are missing in the structures given, we add fields into the structure from the pool by going to LBWE. If that also not enough, you can go with appending structures.

Suppose if you feel that, lot of fields are needed to be added with the existing list of fields, its better to go for Generic data sources. So we can tell that, developers are deciding whether they want generic data source or SAP provided data sources.

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rames,

I would suggest you use the search options available on SDN - Generic datasources have been discussed a lot especially in blogs as well as posts . please go through the forums before posting...

moving the thread to the BI forums..

Arun