Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New version of object popping up on Deletion of T Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I removed a Tcode from a role. This Tcode does not have any other object besides S_TCODE. However on exclusion and choosing Expert Option / Read old status and merge with new data, i see that there is a new version of a object has popped up in "NEW". The older version of that object is in the Changed mode.

From this I understand that if a standard object is changed then every time "Read old status and merge with new data" is chosen SU24 is re-read to pull out the standard object... Am i correct here?

If the above is true then as a standard practice is it right to may inactivate the standard object and manually add that object again or copy that object to bring in a new version of that object.... -

is this right?

Please advice

- ravi

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Because you have changed a standard object, when you read old & merge with new, SAP can see that the entry for the standard object doesn't exist (because it's been changed) and re-inserts it.

Standard procedure is to maintain SU24 for the tx that uses that object so that you don't have to change it in the role.

Having roles with auths in changed status is not really good practice for the reason that I mentioned in my previous reply, though it is very common.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

When ever you add a new tcode to a role, make sure you add the tcode in the menu of the role so that the role will pull all the authorization objects check/maintained against the tcode.

When you delete a tcode then it will automatically deletes the authorization objects associated with the tcode.

If you do a merge with new authorization data, then the role will get the new authorization objects if newly check/maintained for any tcodes from SU24.

The best practice is to always have standard/maintained authorizations for the authorization objects in the role. Manual additions of authorization objects is not advisable unless if the business requires so.

Please reward points.

Regards,

Kiran.