cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy - CUA how to keep (merge) some of the old target system users ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can anyone suggest if the following is possible and if so, the best way to enable the following within a CUA landscape :-

Standard SAP System Copy of Production to QA.

Cleanup of "Production" user master records in the QA system to remove users not required in QA.

Resend a set of test user id's which existed in the pre-system copy QA system (and still in the QA CUA master system) to the newly copied QA system to merge with the cleaned up QA user master.

Re-link the new QA system with the QA CUA master system to transfer the "merged" list of QA users into the QA CUA.

I've simulated the above on a test server but the process of sending down the sub-set of old QA test id's from the CUA master (using report RSCCUSND) does not create the users in the QA client even though the report itself appears to have transferred the users. Checking SU01 on the target CUA client shows no user has been created and there are no idocs passed from Master --> Client.

Other than either exporting the QA users to a transport before the system copy (for re-import after the system copy to replace the copy of the production user masters with the old QA list), or using the "production" users in QA following the system copy I can't seem to find a way of merging some of the old QA users with a cleaned up list of production users in the QA system post system copy.

If anyone knows of a way to do what I'm suggesting then please let me know.

Brian.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

I don't think there is an option, directly.

However what I would do is.

Before System Copy

On the QA Side:

1) Create a new client in the QA and only copy user masters in the empty client.

2) In this new client, keep only those users I need after client copy.

3) Take help from ABAP guys to include all usr* table entries (with MANDT field selected only for the new client) into a transport request and save it for later use.

On the Production Side:

1) Export user masters of the production client

2) Create a new client in Production and re-import the user masters

3) Work on the new client to cleanse the unwanted users.

4) Re-export the new user master of the new client and save it for later use.

After System Copy

1) Import the exported user masters from the production server , thus overwriting the client with the users selectively chosen from the production user master.

2) Import the transport request to merge the older users from the QA.

I know this is a crude way.. anyways..

Hope that helps,

Siddhesh