cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shal i go for SAP-SD certification? Need Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo All.

Currently i am working as an ABAPer for one year. I have sales experience of 1.5 years and then i did full time MBA-marketing.

Now i want to shift to SAP-SD functional side.

So, shal i go for SD certification?

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Having a marketing specific MBA and sales experience will certainly help in getting your foot into the SD area. You should do the SD certification to understand SD functionality in SAP but don't think you will get a job because of the certification. In most cases SAP certification will not get you the job - your experience and skills (which should match the requirements by clients, recruiters as much as possible) will land you a job. SAP certification can be a tie breaker when two candidates have the same experience/skills. If you have no idea how SD in SAP works and you want to work in that area then I highly recommend to do the SAP academy track and get certified to learn the product. You might have to ajdust your salary expectations first to get into the SD area but with your education and past sales experience you should be well fitted to get higher paying jobs after you have worked in SAP SD for a while.

Hope that helps,

Harald

PS: Please have a look at searchSAP.com for carreer advice and certification!

http://searchsap.techtarget.com/general/0,295582,sid21_gci1152571,00.html

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's actually your choice...If you like SD then go for it...If you want to keep programming, then go for it...It's up to you -:)

Greetings,

Blag.