cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access the Web Dynpro application deployed in EP 6.0 from outside?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need ine favour from all of you that, I deloyed the WD Application in EP 6.0 and able to login EP and able to access the application. But How to access the Web Dynpro application deployed in EP 6.0 from outside Corporate Network i.e., Internet as external user.

Thanks in Advance,

CSP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

My first question is, is your portal accessible from outside your corporate network?

If so, why do you want to access only this application?

Regards,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit,

The Portal is not accessible from outside the cORPORATE nETWORK.

How to proceed?

Please suggest.

Regards,

CSP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

If the portal is not accessible outside the corporate network, then the simple answer is you cannot access the WD app. For a server to be reachable over the internet it needs to have an external ip address, like your corporate web site server.

Usually, the web requests from internet go to a web server and then to a dispatcher (which is over the internet) and then passed on to Portal which will be behind a DMZ and typical URL to this application will be mapped in the web server.

When that happens, you can access just this WD using one of the URLs mentioned in the previous posts.

Hope that answers your question.

Regards,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of portal runtime <b>irj</b> use <b>webdynpro</b> runtime

Ex if your application URL in portal is

http://localhost:57000/<b>irj/servlet</b>/prt/portal/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fa1...

change that to

http://localhost:57000/<b>webdynpro/dispatcher</b>/local/Play/Play?sap-ser-report-level=3&sap-mem-re...

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where I can change Portal Run time to Web dynpro Runtime?

PLease suggest.

Regards,

CSP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the URL in my prev post i have mentioned the two differences when an application is run from the portal and wedpro runtime.

Pl aligh your url to that .

Regards

Ayyapparaj