cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get backup of alrady deployed wd java application form portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have done certain changes in the Std. Travel Application in ESS (nt via JDI but using the Direct deployment method.)

the changes which we have done runs fine on Dev and QA ..and we plan to deploy it on our Prd system,

what we want to ask is is there and means on the Portal that we preserve/save/take backup of the Original (Current ) ear file of that object jst in case of any difficulty, so that we can revert.

The Original par/ear file resides somewhere on the portal if i take the backup of the same will i be able to deploy it again in case of anthing wrong??

PLease also tell where can i find the Travel application file, please give the detailed path?

Regards,

Laxmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get a copy of the application from the following location on the server.

usr/sap/<SID>/<JCxx>/j2ee/cluster/server<x>/apps/<vendor-name>/<application>/webdynpro

You'll find a .wda file which is the deployed application. If you want to re-deploy it later on, you've to make an EAR (including this file and the necessary xml files -- take a look at one of the ears).

Does that help?

Regards,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I downloaded the wda file and renamed it as ear file.

please specify what to do after converting to ear file.

As you had mentioned the XML file should be added to the ear file, please explain how ?

Answers (0)