cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add new Events / Actions to an Adobe Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario where in I need more events than the existing SUBMIT and CHECK events. Please let me know if there is any process to add new events.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

Check out the following thread:

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may put some flag for each button and then do the coding accordingly at the available events. Hope this will help.

Thanks and Regards,

Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using ActiveX buttons Submit to SAP and Check in the form. There are no other buttons in ActiveX components in the library. Native buttons do not work as the display type is ActiveX.. Also the Java script doesn't work.

Is there anyway to

1) Add Events/Actions to Adobe Form

2) Add buttons and set the values of an attribute for Click event for the button

3) Display the ADobe Forms in firefox so that I can debug the Java script using FIrebug.

Code in the Click Event is not executed when I use java script.

<b>Environment:</b>

NW SP12

Adobe Reader 8.0

<b>

P.S. Antony: How to put a flag for each button and code. Please let me know in detail...</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Got the Solution. As Tony said, I have put a text box and set the value of it when a button is clicked. But the Problem is how to trigger an event or action.

For this I used the Submit event itself. I used Submit buttons only for all the actions I needed and Whatever button is clicked, Submit event is fired.

Here I call a method according to the value which is set upon clicking a button.

For this on the button click event, I wrote this code

TextField.rawValue = 'ButtonName';

This is mapped to view attribute of the context. So when I Click a button i check this value and call a method accordingly in the Submit Action.

Thats all folks. Now the only problem I have is Java Script doesn't run sometimes. I donno how to debug the script.

Cheers,

vasu