cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Substitution Rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a scenario of the substitution rule to be used . When i try to create a substitution rule with ALL profile , the workitems are appearing in Substituted person inbox but when i specify particular task profile no workitems get displayed.

*Suggestions will be awarded

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u be stiil more specific in giving the details of your problem..

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had to maintain a substitution rule , when i tried to do that it asked for profile , if i select ALL then the workitems from user to substituted user are displaying perfectly but i select profile specific to task such "Expense" , travel expense claim claims of ess , the workitems related as per concept must appear but not appearing.

And i have one more question , do you how to create task specific profile.

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need three things to be taken care of for this to work.

1) The standard task (TS) must be assigned to a task group.

This is done in PFTC for the individual standard tasks.

2) The task group must be assigned to a substition profile.

This is done in customizing, the same main node where you define substitution profiles (SAP Netweaver -> SAP Web Application Server -> Business Management -> SAP Business Workflow -> Basic Settings -> Substitution Profile). A task group can be assigned to many substitution profiles, and all task groups should be assigned to the ALL profile.

3) A substitute must be set up using the profile.

This you have already taken care of.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. Task group your speaking is task classes right.The Task classes are assigned to substitute profile. The task is assigned to a particular task class.

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Task group your speaking is task classes right.

That is correct, sorry about the mixup.

Assignment to a class can be maintained in the agent assignment screen, changing current classification, or in the classification screen(s) where you can create and maintain time-dependent classification information. You probably knew that already since you caught the mistake, but for the benefit of "new viewers" I thought I'd add it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I did create a task class , asssign that task class to the substitution profile . I had specified the task class in the classification of the task , and selected the particular substitute profile when during sustitution rule .please look at your mail i had sent a attachment.please revert back.

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After setting things up, did you test it for a new or existing work item? I seem to recall that this will not have an effect on existing work items.

I checked SWWWIHEAD, and the TCLASS field contains the class assignment.

PS: Please post attachments publicly instead of sending in e-mail - other people who look at the thread can't see them. Additionally, PDF is a better format than MS-Word if you can't simply use HTML or just one picture, both in terms of size and readability (I use Linux). For anyone reading this, the attahcment displayed how the configuration was (and it looked OK to me).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for suggestions , the issue has been resolved.