Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Releasing PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guruz,

For releaseing PO(Purchase Order) of huge amount there is only one approver in my client side.So now his requirement looks like this:

<b>When he will not be available he will exceute a tcode/program that will deliver his PO release authorization to an intended user.</b>

How this could be done?Please help me out asap.

Regards,

Mofizur

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is NOT the way it works in SAP.

Normal process:

A person in charge has access to release and does the day to day release

B second person is back-up, also has release role assigned , but ONLY uses this when requested by person in charge.

So solution is procedural NOT Technical.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is NOT the way it works in SAP.

Normal process:

A person in charge has access to release and does the day to day release

B second person is back-up, also has release role assigned , but ONLY uses this when requested by person in charge.

So solution is procedural NOT Technical.

0 Kudos

Hi Auke,

Thanks for understading my problem.

But is there any other technical way to restrict the Backup person till his Boss gives approval for PO release.

Awaiting reply soon.

Regards,

Mofizur

0 Kudos

Hi Mozifur,

You can do it with BAPI's.

BAPI_USER_ACTGROUPS_ASSIGN

BAPI_USER_ACTGROUPS_DELETE

It is strongly recommended that you have very tight authorization security around it - the user (either the boss, or a destination) should only be able to assign / unassign the backup person (e.g. use a secured check table to maintain who they are) to that specific role and no other.

Particularly if you use the destination option, then it is advisable to check the transaction authorization again at the beginning of the program, because otherwise someone (else) might run the program from SA38 etc. Use function module AUTHORITY_CHECK_TCODE for that.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Ther is a BIG difference between technical possible options and sound functional procedures, which should be applied here!

Remember if you do not trust the back up to follow the procedure, you should never use that person as back up AT ALL!

An other thing to remember, a lot of companies that applied technical solutions directed by the boss who needs to be replaced cmae to a grinding halt teh day the boss became ill before he could grant the access to his replacement!!!

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Thanks for ur reply.

But the point is not clear to me yet.If their is any document related to this please share this with me.

Is this a job of BASIS people or ABAP person?

Regards,

Mofizur

0 Kudos

Hi Mozifur,

You can read up more about BAPIs in transaction BAPI or related terms in help.sap.com and SAP's developer guides.

So yes, it is a thing for an ABAP person.

As this is a sensitive area (assigning roles to users), and if you and your ABAPers are not familiar with it... then I would recommend going with the advise of Auke and keep it simple on the system side.

As a compensating control, the boss can periodically review the purchase requisitions which were released by the backup person.

Cheers,

Julius