cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Splitting in ABAP Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I have Implemented ABAP mapping in my Scenario and have used message splitting. That is for each header node of source corresponding number of target nodes should be created.I have a source node under which i have 5 subnodes and when this source node repeats again i need to generate two target nodes with 5 subnodes in each of the target header node.

I have tested the scenario in SXI_MAPPING_TEST by making the following changes in IR and ID.

1. Changed the cardinality to 0 to unbounded in Interface mapping.

2. Have kept the Interface determination type to Enchanced.

I am getting the ERROR" split mapping created no messages" in sxi_mapping_test.

Can anyone help me out on this.Good answers will be rewarded.

Thanks all,

Zabiulla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

what needs to rely on Java stack is the adapter, not the mapping.

Mohammed,

make sure you create Messages/MessageX tags (with proper namespace) in your multimapping. Also, expect these tags in your input mapping.

You can get the exact Messages/Message1 tags (with the namespace) in a message mapping with multiple input or output messages. Create it and go to test tab, just to check the tags you should read/create in your abap mapping.

Regards,

Henrique.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique

Yeah i was aware of that fact but confused when i just happen to compare it with the idoc mapping........my fault and i agree with ur point for this mapping has got nothing to do with stack dependencies and segregation. They are executed in the java stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

In the massage mapping, whenever you change the cardinality of the message automatically two node <message> and <message1> comes by default.

Same way using your ABAP mapping try to create those two nodes and then test.

-Gaurav Jain

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think that split mapping is not supported for ABAP mapping as that mapping for this type happens in ABAP stack. Maybe check this mapping in a report program and see if the xml is framed right or try with a simple mapping and see