cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Entries Deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I Know that while deleting Lock entries through SM12 , The user should not logged in and no background jobs and update records of the user should be there.

But if the user is logged on and not executing any transactions. What will happen now if I delete the user old lock entries ??

Thanks

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

If the user is logged on and not executing any transactions.

You caq request the user to logoff and then check & delete zombie or unwanted locks.

However, if this is a regular problem you need to find the root cause.

Regards,

Ammey Kesarkar

<i>'Award points for useful info'</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Now there is another issue that has arised. I am unable to delete the lock entries.

As soon as I delete the lock entries of the corresponding user , The entries are deleted but when I click on the refresh button the lock entries appear again.

Can u suggest something ??

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

The locks must be getting recreated due to following senarios:

1) The user is executing some transactions that is reseting the lock (DIAG).

2) There is a background job running that is recreating the lock. (BTC)

Please crosscheck in the system.

Regards,

Ammey Kesarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI..

In the past i have also faced the similar problem.First check the transactions that the respective user is performing.

And then look for the table has a lock.Confirm these and try to logoff user at AL08 / Sm04.

Now delete and check.In my case after re-bouncing it during maintainance activity it has gone.But I think no need to worry even if u see the entries after deleting it.

regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member249185
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

SAP is not recomended that thing. You can delete but for Administrator purpose you should not do this.

Thanks & Regards,

Charanjit Singh