cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP AS backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I want to take SAP AS backup so that in case the AS crash i can restore it back....

I have taken the OS level backup but not as SAP backup.... .

thanks in advance

Sen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senpai,

If you are talking about Database Backup, then please backup using transaction DB13 or BRTOOLS from the command line.

All,

Thanks for additional information regarding backups

Regards,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assume you're running a central instance so your DB server and APP server are sitting in the same box. So basically your backup can be separated into two parts: database backup and executable/configuration files/logs backup. Database backup can be done via DB13, brtools/brbackup/brarchive or other 3rd party tools(ie, Netbackup, but it will still use brbackup via its interfaces). Executable backup is quite similar with your 'OS level backup'.

If your APP server are running separately which basically is a Dialog instance, then what you need to do is to backup the executable/configuration files/logs... only.

former_member249185
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

You mean to say, you want to backup of Application Server ?

Thanks & Regards,

Charanjit Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Charanjit,

thanks for your reply, yes i want to take back of Application server.

thanks

sen

Former Member
0 Kudos

The topic of SAP Backup is very vast .. In case you are using Oracle, please read this,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/0d/d306c54a0c11d182b80000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

There is a file init<SID>.sap which you have to configure depending on the strategy of the backup you finalize.

Once you configure init<SID>.sap you can either kick off the backup thro DB13 or at OS level using BRTOOLS or brbackup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The topic of SAP Backup is very vast .. In case you are using Oracle, please read this,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/0d/d306c54a0c11d182b80000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

There is a file init<SID>.sap which you have to configure depending on the strategy of the backup you finalize.

Once you configure init<SID>.sap you can either kick off the backup thro DB13 or at OS level using BRTOOLS or brbackup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bidwan,

thanks for your help, further information needed

i will reward you points

regards,

Sen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senpai,

As you are new, please try to understand that this forum is to help others and share knowledge. Explain your problem/issues and whoever can, will help you.

And please stop thinking that if you offer to bribe with points people will start helping you.

And for understanding basic topics please refer to help.sap.com first and then when you have doubts/issues post a query here!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bidwan,

sorry for that, my intention is not to bride you and others ..

I just want to thank you for your help....

regards,

sen