Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bdc running in foreground not in background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My BDC is working in foreground mode but not running in background mode.What can be the possible reasons..

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run the BDC in mode 'E'. If there is an error, it will stop at the error screen, you need to then fix the error (usually we miss the OKCODE for a screen). Identify the error by running the program, fix it and then run in mode N. This should fix your problem.

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Renu,

run the program in 'N' mode by specifying MODE 'N' in call transaction stmt.

<b><i>Reward points if useful</i></b>

Chandra

krishnannarayanan_nampoot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Renu,

Try THis.

Re Record the BDC with Simulate Background Mode through SHDB.

This option comes on the screen where you specify the transaction to be recorded.

Few transactions have different screens in Background.

So recording like that ensures smooth screen transistions and data flow in BDC at Background !

Reward if this works out.

Regards

Narayanan K N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

How do you know it is not working in "E' or 'N' mode.? because when u used E or N mode u cant see the screens. If value is not saving in E or N mode because u dint use okcode.

use PERFORM BDC_FIELD USING 'BDC_OKCODE'

'/11' .

at last. u will get the record.

Regads,

Paras

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi renu,

Do check for ur flat file from which u r picking the data to be in application server.

Because in background processing the data cannot be picked from presentation server.

Also if u r using Gui_upload FM, that would give an error.

Use open dataset, read dataset statements to read from application server.

<b>Hope this is helpful, Do reward.</b>