cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Best Practices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All:

I don't know if here is the right place to post the question about Best Practices, thanks in advance if you can help!

We are using ERP2005 and activate IS-Mining, now we want to use Best Practice for Mining. Our questions are:

1, After activating the IS-Mining, can we still use BP for Mining?

2, To apply the BP for Mining, shall we use a clean client (client copy a new one) or can activate BP on an existing client with our own customizing.

3, Now on the QAS system, we client copy a new clean client to test activating the BP for mining. According to BP installation Guide(Quick Guide to Installing the SAP Best Practices for Mining V1.600), we can't find scope file from Misc\Mining\AU\BPIA folder on the DVD. And even there's no .bps file on the DVD. Then we have to skip this step, but during activating Baseline Building Block error occurs on step such as Change Currency....

Any info will be highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

BR,

D.H

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Add 1.)

yes, this is possible.

There are manual steps to switch on the Business Function Set for Mining in the Best practice installation - you can just skip them, if you have done all that already. Other scenarios not requiring IS-Mining (Industry Extension MIning or Business Function Set Mining) can also be installed

add 2.) the best is to even use a new system, as there are very few cross client objects, and some USer Exists / BADI Coding delivered, that may have a slight impact on other clients. If this is not feasible, a clean client is the next preferred option. Please also not the SP level restrictions.

I strongly discourage from installing best practices into a configured client.

add 3.) i do not know - you may open a message in component SV-SMB-AIO-BP-MIN (which is for Best practices for Mining issues).

regards,

Harald