Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component in BOM with Split Valuation

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to assign component in BOM for which split valuation is activated.

Example:

Material ABC has two source 1) Domestic and 2) Import

Now for production material ABC is used in following ratio:

Domestic 10 kg

Imported 5 kg

Now as stock of material having valuation split will be handled individually i.e. domestic stock and imported stock, how it is to be differentiated in BOM?

Thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me how you will inventorize one material with different valuation type differently?

I believe you cannot do this in BoM. What can be done is.....during confirmation you can specify the different valuation type along with quantity.

Tarang

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Batch level valuation of the material can be adopted for the particular material.

Thanks

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakanth,

Can you please explain in bit details how system valuates at batch level and can we use this valuation for actual costing?

Thanks in advance.

rohit_chauhan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What kind of differentiation you are looking for?

If the stocks (of Domestic and Imported Product) are maintained at different storage locations, you can give two line items (with same material code) in the BOM.

Now in the item details for components, you can specify the respective storage locations. Then while GI the system would pick accordingly.

Hope that helps.

regards,

Rohit.

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

At higer level Valuation will be with MAP so during costing run system will take price accordingly. Split Valuation will be used only for Inventory Management purpose and hence during any goods movement user has to give Valuation Type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

The split valuation comes into picture during GR and consumption, not in planning cycle.

One way out is to have 2 different BOM items to represent the domestic and imported qty, when you do the GI, you can assign the relavent split valuation.

If you feel the cost diffence is very high between domestic and imported, then you can use sourcelist/quota arrangement, so that costing will be correct.