cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete data after reload from cube through process chain in BI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My requirement is to delete existing old request from the cube after reload through process chain in BI 7.0. Cube gets feed from the DSO daily that too full load, due to some transformations we planned to go for full load rather than deltas to cube. Rather than deleting complete data beforehand we thought of loading first and than deleting the old request data from cube so that when users run report they can see the data from old request. Its possible in BW 3.x through process type Delete overlapping request but anyone tell me how can we achieve in BI 7.0. Is there any process type, which will delete old request after full data load to cube? If not how can one solve this issue.

I appreciate your time and help, Good answers will def. awarded with points...

Regards

Baba

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Do you mean that its not necessary to write any abap program nor events for scheduling the process chain 2 times a day on a daily basis. Please correct me if I am wrong, I understood from you is that I need to schedule the process chain manually at 9 am and copy the released job name in sm37 and than Menu->copy->new job name->start condition. where in we give when the next job need to be scheduled. But in process chain start->change selections do we need to manually enter date and time i.e. 11/02/2007 09:00:00 and choose period. If I am wrong Would you please explain me in detail.

Roberto:

Thanks for your continous help too, I have created event(In BI 7.0 event creation is different than 3.x, in SM62 I have selected Backproevent and than selected create event) , selected after event in start process and assigned created event with period job flag check, than created program and batch jobs. After creating batch job I said one job to run immediately it did finished with in 1 sec. When I check the process chain it didn't ran, am I missing something. After changing the selections in the start with event I did activate it but scheduled thru batch job as immediate. Please let me know if i miss something, thanks.

Regards

Baba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ABAPing not required to run a chain multiple times a day.

Yes 9.00 am should be set in the start variant as that will trigger the job for the first time in the day and the job you copied to in SM 37 will trigger it again the second time.

Sorry I may not be of any help with Events :(.

Did you click schedule after activating ..if not you have to do that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ABAP is not required ,try to avoid as long as possible ,I hate it !

Try to follow the steps I mentioned to have a better understanding.

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan / Roberto,

Thanks a lot for all your help I appreciate your time and help again.

Regards

Baba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this to delete requests from DSO. It did not worked.

"Deletion of requests terminated, because no comparison request was found."

Any confirmation of this process type working for DSO[ Not cubes]

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Overlapping Deletion of Requests will not work for ODS.

You may have to delete entire data in the ODS using " Complete deletion of data target contents " Process type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Thanks its really helpful but one last question, after adding Delete overlapping request process type to already existing process chain here is the flow. please correct me if I am worng:

Start->execute DTP(DSO Load)->Activate DSO->Delete Index->execute DTP->Create Index->Delete indexes->Create Indexes->Delete Overlapping request->Adjust Aggregates. after create indexex there is one more delete index and create indexes due to addition of delete overlapping request.

For Delete Overlapping request I set folowing conditions:

Delete existing request-> Only delete request from same DTP

selections are ovelapping->Overlapping.

<b>If we want to schedule the process chain 2 times a day like on 9 am and 12 pm on daily basis</b>, Please tell me how to do we achieve this in process chain. Do we need to write ABAP code to schedule twice a day or we can do that in start maintain variant if yes please explain me in detail.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Baba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>Start->execute DTP(DSO Load)->Activate DSO->Delete Index->execute DTP->Create Index->Delete indexes->Create Indexes->Delete Overlapping request->Adjust Aggregates. after create indexex there is one more delete index and create indexes due to addition of delete overlapping request.</i>

Load will be deleted from the Cube, so deleting and creating Index will not really effect the performance.

Y r u deleting & creating indexes twice ?

Chain should look like :

Start

Execute DTP

Activate DSO

Delete Index

Execute DTP

Delete Overlapping Requests

Create Index

<i>For Delete Overlapping request I set folowing conditions:

Delete existing request-> Only delete request from same DTP

selections are ovelapping->Overlapping.</i>

Try with the above settings also try Same or Comprehensive instead Overlapping.

<i>If we want to schedule the process chain 2 times a day like on 9 am and 12 pm on daily basis, Please tell me how to do we achieve this in process chain. Do we need to write ABAP code to schedule twice a day or we can do that in start maintain variant if yes please explain me in detail.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>If we want to schedule the process chain 2 times a day like on 9 am and 12 pm on daily basis.</i>

1)schedule first the PC at 9 am.

2)go to sm37-->check for the released jobs at 9 am.

3)Select the job>menu>job>copy>copy the job

4)Give the copied job time as 12 am now (time and periodic frequency - daily )

5)Release the job.

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan/Roberto,

Thanks for your quick response, I am loading to the cube from the DSO as Full load without any selections. Still I need to give selections and conditions in the process type delete overlapping requests, would you please tell me how this selections and conditions work?. Can we select DTP in the process type delete ovelapping requests?.

Regards

Satish Arra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct

you can get his option from process type - "Delete overlapping requests"

and as mentioned above SP-12

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steps -

Process chain RSPC

add Process type - "Delete overlapping requests"

in the maintain variant of above process type

select option - "Delete Existing request"

in "conditions" -

select "only delete request from same DTP" or

only delete full DTP reuest from same datasource

in "selections are"

select Overlapping

goto now DTP --> Add "date" in "Filter".

data variables may also be used or some matching selection criteria.

save and execute it.

Also have a look at note 1034795 if it doesnt work.

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deleting overlapping request feature will not work if ur on < SP12..only does from SP13 ( As d above note suggests )

This can only be accomplished in Process Chains in Netweaver 7.0.

<b>Try the below steps</b>

Start

Execute Infopackage

Execute DTP

Activate DSO

Execute DTP

Delete Requests in Cube - > Give DTP name - > Give selections as mentioned by Chetan

Message was edited by:

Jr Roberto