cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MD04 - Firmed planned order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When we firm the planned order, and say, decrease the quantity from the original MRP PlOrd suggested due the Forecast value, MRP does not create a new planned order for the balance of the quantity. Instead it suggests the message '10', reschedule. If we do (firming and changing the quantity) this for some 4 periodic planned orders, then the 5th unfirmed planned order is changed with respect to quanity.

Is it possible for the MRP to generate new planned order against the balance of the 4 firmed planned orders dates. Does it have to do with settings in planning time fence or any other configuration settings?

Thnx!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In IMG OPPQ in MRP parameters for a plant, make reshduling horizon = 0.

run MRP, it will do what is required

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

As your reduction takes place in December ie a change occured and a new proc proposal will be generated, but it falls at the end of the planning time fence date.

So in your case the system need not create a planned order in the month of January.

Your MRP type is associated with the Firming Type which controls the new procurement proposals in assosiation with the planning time fence in MRP run.

please follow the link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/f4/7d3f9344af11d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys.

Rajesha's rescheduling horizon is the main key, as I noticed now.

Abhi!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Try with M1 and some Plng Time fence say 30 days.

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna..

I tried but it is not giving the new plnd orders.

Let me explain more.

You have weekly bucket forecast for next 4 months,

Firm any 2 planned orders and reduce their quantity for December.

Reduce: PlOrd 1, PlOrd 2 . (3 and 4 are unfirmed)

Firm any 2 planned orders and reduce their quantity in February.

Reduce: PlOrd 9, PlOrd 10 . (Jan: 5,6,7,8, and Feb: 11, 12: all unfirmed)

What I see is the January does not get any new planned orders.

The net 0 happens at PlOrd 11.

Thus, it seems between this two extreme firmed orders, MRP is not doing the net demand calculation.

Thnx!

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

I`ve tried this scenario and I`m getting an additional planned order in both the cases. That is, changing the quantity of the Planned orders(both firmed and unfirmed cases), a new planned order gettin triggered for the quantity which was offset in the earlier planned orders . The conclusion is that, once the planned order is changed and saved w or w/o firming, MRP does`nt consider the same planned ordr for change, rather creates a new planned order forthe deficit quantity. There are no specific settings done. MRP type taken PD with no planning type fence.

Reward if cleared and close the thread.

Keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi.

We had 30 days planning time fence. I deleted it and made it to 0,

and still didn't get the additional planned orders.

What is your planning strategy, and planning MRP type?

We are using 40 and M0. PD is not giving me the additional Pldord.

Thnx!