cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Alert email question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Whenever I trigger alert from XI through a user defined module(SALERT_CREATE) Iam getting an email as configured...I want to change the sender email address in the mail I dont know where its been configured...I checked WF_BATCH(In SU01) its not in there..Where do I need to look for sender address...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys...

It helped..Actually we had a job setup in SCOT to send the mails and we were using a pdifferent user instead of the standard background user...We changed and it resolved the issue...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change your mailing settings by..

Log on to the alert inbox of the recipient of the alert, select option --> personlization --> Time Independent delivery --> Email

Hope this will help.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,Thanks for your response...My question is I just need to change the From email address(Sender email address) in the email alert Iam receiving...

LArry...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Larry,

Been a long time since i used alerts.

If i remember correctly if you use SE37 to send alert using FM salert_create then in the alert email you will get the from as your email id.

But i believe your program must be running in background .Check out the user whose authorization is used to run the program, you can find the same in the RFC destination .

btw what is the email address which you are getting in your alert email.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SU01 write the login id of user and it will give you all the property belongs to user. You can change the email address of the user there itself.

Also in the ALRTCATDEF you need to assign the user who will receive the alert error message.

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag Gohil.