cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORDERS05 Text Item category Issue

Former Member

Integration Gods!

Looking for advice on the best way to resolve an IDoc mapping issue. I am currently trying to test an Inbound ORDERS05 IDoc with the goal to create certain items as Text items - using either SAP std Item category 'TATX' or a custom variety thereof. I have populated segment E1EDP01-PSTYV and 'TATX', however I am unsure as to whether:

a.) I need to have E1EDP19 populated with anything, or

b.) if the answer is a.) is 'yes' what qualifier I need, as the IDoc keeps failing with Msg No. VG205 'There is no article description for item 000010',

c.) There is anything obvious I have overlooked.

I have checked out a couple of areas for a soution, but have been unsuccessful to date.I don't really want to go down the track of creating Text only materials if at all possible, so any 'good functional guidance' will be rewarded.

Cheers,

Paul...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah that was one of the options I went for. I reverse-engineered the Order contents and fired out an outbound IDoc for Text only item, then tried to push it back into SAP, but it still complained... I have looked at the Item Category config for it as well by the way. I have decided to go down the path of creating the Text only materials as we needed to move on, but I appreciate the suggestion.

Paul...

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i dont think so that E1EDP19 is dependant on E1EDP01-PSTYV . maybe try to check by creating a order having the same data as in the idoc. this will give the exact point of failure.