cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregate SNP planning ignores purchase orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm setting up aggregate planning in SNP using hierarchies and one gap I noticed when copying the planning area and book over from the standard is that there is no aggregate key figure that takes purchase orders with ATP category type "BF" into account. It shows up in the standard books, but does not show up in the aggregate book since the only category group BF is linked to is TS1 - Distribution receipt: TLB confirmed (1). And neither BF nor TS1 is linked to any of the aggregate key figures in the planning areas 9ASNP05 or 02 So while the child products show purchase orders in the short term, those order elements are missing when the aggregate product is loaded.

So the result is purchase orders in the short term for the child level products are not taken into account in my aggregate planning book, and the heuristics overcompensates by creating excess supply at the SNP horizon.

First of all am I missing something obvious? Second has anyone come up with a good way to include purchase orders in the equation for aggregate heuristic runs?

-Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are some shortcomings in the Aggregated planning book

you need to alter the planning area (make a copy of 9ASNP05) and get a new KF with the Aggregated Purchase order - the settings in the planning area admin are in column aggregate. you might need to use 1 to delete value at lower level and maintain relevant values on Category Grp

similarly alter the planning book to get the KF to get the new KF appear there and use any macros if applicable