cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOP Flexible Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Please guide me on Flexible Planning. I have following questions?

What is Consistent Planning and Flexible Planning ?

How to use info structures?

How to configure our own info structure

What is process cycle to run the flexible planning?

Full rewards points are promised for best information.

Thanks

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP provides standardized planning tables that enable u to carry out planning and it is called as standard sales operation planning (SOP)....

In contrast, if planning table and planning levels are to be made as per your requirements; it is called as flexible planning.....Here u need to define your own info structures, planning method, planning types etc

Info structures are created in MC21.....They are used to store data structures and they store planning data

As i said while dealing with flexible planning u will come across planning methods....These determines the way in which data is disaggregated...They are of 2 types.....level by level and consistent planning........In consistent planning data is directly disaggregated to lowest level.....i.e. data is common on all planning levels.....

Hope u got cleared.......

Please reward points if found useful

Rgds

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit,

It is very good question. Flexible planning is a part of SOP. Now a days, most of customer use APO demand planning for forecasting purpose as it is more robust. Coming back to your question, it is difficult to anwer in the limited space. I will suggest you to go through following link of SAP help. If you have any specific technical question on any specific area of flexible planning, will happy to assist you.

Some info: Flexible Planning

Flexible Planning offers multiple options for customized configuration: you can plan on any organizational level, and also define the content and the layout of the planning screens.

You can process your planning data from the standpoint of almost any organizational unit (for example, sales organization, material group, production plant, product group, material) and even from the standpoint of the entire enterprise.

The planning table in which you work resembles a spreadsheet. You have enormous scope to track previous planning data, anticipate market demand, run analyses, and perform what-if simulations

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/a5/632f3b43a211d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Best of luck

Thanks...Sanjay Agrawal