cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Of Planning Book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a rek. In our Pl Books, say i have 5 KFs. A macro copies the data from customer forecast KF to Final Forecast KF. Now the requirement is that i need to stop the users from editing any value in the previous months for all 5 KFs. Means system should lock the past months. (if we are in Oct 07, then no one should be able to edit the values in Sep 07 and before). But they are free to edit current month and future.

I tried to remove the tick from Input field in Dataview design, then i cant load my history data in the KFs.(sometimes the history data of last few months only may change- due to change in order qty).

How can i enable this ?

thanks

venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what you have described is a very standard requirement.

if you want all the KF in the past to be not-editable, then you need enter nothing in the field next to input

flag the "visible from" and add a date for when you want the history to start

If you do enter a date, the future planning horizon starts from this set date (plus the offset, if applicable).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srinivas / harish,

Thanks for the input. I think i will remove the tick on Input field, because i have to give atleast one month back in past in the input field.

I was woke up with the hint that data view settings wont effect the data loading into PA.

Thanks a lot.. I gave the points..

Venkat

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if the last couple of sentences are entirely accurate. We can always load History data into planning area irrespective of the dataview capability to edit data. Ideally historical corrections should reflect in the data that gets loaded into Infocube which finally goes into the planning area. If you want planners to make changes to last couple of months, make them do on the corrected history keyfigure which can start off as a replica of raw history key figure in the beginning of planning cycle. This is not a necessary step, if you take care of this at the pre-Infocube stage itself.

You are on the right path of of working with the input field check. I would recommend that you keep that input field checked though but the date should be the current date in the field next to it. This date automatically rolls as we move into the future. This means data in the past becomes automatically uneditable. I guess this should meet all your requirements and I am positive about this since we have the same model in place for last couple of months.