Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I am looking for ideas how to manage the following scenario in SD:

Customer places an order and specifies that shipment should not take place before the specified delivery date, and order is considered cancelled if not delivered by the specified cancellation date.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

If you make RDD as a mandatory field in the Sales Document, this should take care of your problem.

The system would only do shippment once RDD is reached.

RDD= Required Delivery Date.

Thanks

Murtuza

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Which transaction do you use to create delivery document?

As somebody said, you can set requested delivery date as future date (the last date you decide you discard your sales order or not).

Then if you use VL01N to create delivey document, no sales order is created before the date specified in 'Selection Date' on VL01N.

However, I am not sure if you can automatically cancel sales order based on your deadline. You might have to input some values on 'Reason for Rejection'.

hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone that replied.

This requirement is for EDI orders. I have to restrict manual processing to exceptions.

I can set required delivery date as the 'do not ship before' date, but there is no field on the order intended for 'do not ship after/cancel if not delivered by'.

I need to manage both dates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i did not get ur question, is it like THE order is considered cancelled if not delivered by the specified CANCELLATION DATE (or ) DELIVERY DATE.

if its delivery date,u can specify this requirement, by creating a customer specific SHIPPING calender in the IMG screen:

IMG>sales&dist>masterdate>businesspartners>customer>shipping>calender:

u can also specify Goods Receiving Hours also ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i think u can put a delivery block manually upto the specifed date and remove the block on the specified date.

regards