cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web item for formula variable in WAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a formula variable in my IP application where user can input the percentage for a function, which web item I should used in WAD to bind the user's input data with the formula variable? The input field item does not have the data binding property.I did it in my last project but can not remember it anymore.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically, in IP you do not need to configure web item for formula variable, it will automatically pop-up when you run the function, at that time you can input the value for the variable. while in BPS, we need to input the numerical value before we run the function.

Since the input field web item does not have data binding property, I am not sure it is useful, the data you input has no effect on your processing data set. Anybody has some other idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree. This is how I have also done it. Another thing to note here would be that in case you have that formula variable used in a query in the same WT, you might have a value already inputted there. In case you want the input pop up to appear every time you run that function, you have to specify this in the details of the command to run the function/sequence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

resovle it

Former Member
0 Kudos

would be good if you put the solution also in this thread.