cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Query - SQ01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can anybody expalin in brief regarding how to write a quiery using SQ01?

If possible can anybody send me the docs relating to this?

Thank you,

Regards,

Santosh Kumar V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Queries (SQ01) are for reading data from tables.It can be read, from a single table ot multiple tables joined. The table and table join are specified in an infoset SQ02. You can choose what fields from the table are required to be displayed. No necessity to pick all fields. You assign the infoset to a user group.

Quries are suited for master data.

Currently, it appears that SDN is experiencing diffuculty in search, whatever you enter, it says you cannot find. Try later.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

use the search term in this forum, there have been a number of good posts on this subject.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark. Infact I tried search. But I did not get any results. May be I might have spelt wrongly. I am sorry If I repeat the question and made experts impatient. any how, I have got a small brief answer which I will try.

Once again Thank a lot for your feedback and repsonse.

Regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

No worries about the question, it is a valid one, and as somone has pointed out the search term is not working.

I had a look on google and came up with this

http://abapexpert.blogspot.com/2007_07_01_archive.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh - I am also new to SQ01, however I have some suggestions that hopefully will be helpful to you. I recommend starting with the QuickViewer. You can access this from SQ01 or via SQVi directly.

From here you can create your own queries (similar to local objects) which can then be converted into InfoSets/Queries in which users can access.

1. Enter a name + Create

2. Give a description, decide if Data Source is a table (single) or a join (many)

3. I assume you are creating a join. When you select join it will take you into the tool to generate the query. The first step is selecting (and joining) your tables. Insert table (Shift +F1) will get you started here. Once all your data is selected you green arrow back to select/map out your selection criteria and the data in which you wish to list in the results.

4. You can execute from here as well to confirm your results

5. Once you are good to go, you can easily convert this query by going back to SQ01 (select SAP Query). Enter your QuickView query name and then in the menu path select Query --> ConvertQuickView. This will then prompt you through the steps to convert your QuickView Query into an SAP infoset/Query.

6. Once you have created the SAP Query you can then assign usergroups via menu path environment --> usergroups for authorization. This allows others to execute your query, however not create one themselves.

I hope this is helpful. Best of luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jaime,

Thanks a lot for your patience. In simple steps give by you, I am able to create new quiery.

After creating, how give to endusers this query, can we attach Tcode for this report or even user also will run through SQ01 only...?

do you have any doc which explains in details regarding how to create info set and how to make format and other things.

Thank you once again,

Regards,

Santosh

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create a t-code and assign this query.