cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of an event in R3 after a file is posted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have some scenarios FILE to FILE (from Legacy to R3).

In order to process the data in target system, we used to schedule a job just after the file reached R3.

However we want to automatize the process.

So my question is: is there a way to raise an event (or whatever) in R3 from XI in order to let the program get the file without scheduling a job at any particular time?

And if so, how?

Maybe, 1 sender file adapter, 1 receiver file adapter and 1 receiver RFC adapter?? would it work?

Could you please send me some steps to do this?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

David de Miguel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

and don't forget the job(SM36)... and the trigger(SM62).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

more questions,I dont see the point to use BPM because XI only has to send the file and raise an event (no more action needed), is there a way to do this without BPM? do you have any step-by-step guide?

Kind regards,

David

former_member196064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well...

I think you might need the BPM to be able to execute the send step that calls the function which will then raise the event.

You wouldn't have to wait on a response... if you didn't want to.

Doug -

former_member196064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes... this will work,

There exists a few EVENTRAISE* function modules you could use.

If you can't get the BAPI one to work, you'd have to write your own RFC, call it from XI, then call the non-bapi one.

1) Setup the technical & business systems in the SLD for your R/3 system

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/31/f0ff69551e4f259fdad799a229363e/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/31/f0ff69551e4f259fdad799a229363e/frameset.htm</a>

2) Implement a version of the following ccBPM to call your RFC or the BAPI to raise the event... instead of BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL

<a href="/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit:///people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Doug -