cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No accounting document created" error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

POINTS AVAILABLE. I would appreciate your help on the following error. In VF01,I am trying to release accounting, however I get the "Document saved (no accounting doc created) error. When I go to VF02 and try to release it (by clicking on the green flag) I get the following error:

<b>G/L account XXXXXXX is not defined in chart of accounts XXXX</b>

Message no. F5507

<b>Diagnosis</b>

The general master data of the G/L account XXXXXX is not maintained in the chart of accounts XXXX.

<b>System Response</b>

Error.

<b>Procedure</b>

Please correct your entry or create the master record.

I checked FS00 and the GL account does in fact exist. It is also a recon account.

<b>What could be the reason for the error?</b>

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to SE16 SKA1, and SKB1 and check to see if the accounts are there.

If they are not extend them to the correct CoA and Company Code.

Goto VF02 and try and create the a/c doc again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your reply. I checked SKA1 and SKB1 and the acct does in fact exist in the COA and CoCd level.

Don't know what the issue could be.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if you should be having a recon account in your account determination for Billing Documents.

I think, they should be P&L accounts, and they need to be Cost Elements.

I would check the GL account, is the one you actually want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again Mark,

I really appreciate your response. Could expand on or explain the reasoning why the account should not be classified as a recon account?

Thanks!

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you release a billing document, it should credit the sales account, which is a P&L type GL account that has a cost element of cateogy 11. Recon accounts are GL accounts that represent customers and vendors account in the subledger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Sridhar has explained this.

But whilst you might want to post to the customer via a recon account, this does not need to be defined in the account determination.

The account determination should relate to the P&L posting, i.e. sales, or a type of GL relating to sales, which will need a cost element.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi United 99,

check the existence of the G/L account in table SKA1 (that is what the system is doing before this error message in FM FI_GL_ACCOUNT_CHECK) for the chart of account.

ec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably system tries to post on couple accounts and some of them you are missing... Let say you have AR account, revenue and tax account. From thoose only AR account is recon, and you are missing one of this two. Go to FS00 and check all accounts on which system is posting.

regards