cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to portal logs without PDK or file system access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Do you know if there is a way of accessing the defaultTrace log files through the portal if you neither have the PDK package installed or access to the server file system? I have otherwise super-admin rights on the portal.

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

brad_landry2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

go to yourportal.yourdomain.com:yourport/nwa

You can view logs via netweaver admin.

You just need to log with account "administrator".

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback Brad. Unfortunately there is no way I can log in as 'administrator' (client portal, limited access) and you're right, it doesn't work otherwise.

Any other ideas anyone?

Cheers,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) - U need 'System Administration' role to check the logs through portal

2) - if u have access to Visual Admin, u can check logs ?

3) - or install the standalone Log Viewer.

/*reward if helpful

Message was edited by:

Anant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Annant, I have the System Administration role but despite this cannot find my way to the logs... do you know the path I should take?

Cheers,

Richard

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible to access log files from portal. As you have super admin role, then go to system administration --> support --> SAPWebAS system Information

--> here you will find "Test and configuration Tools" under this there is a link named

"SAPWebAS log viewer" click on it and you can fild default_trc files and all log files here.

I think this is waht you are looking for !!

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ameya, I'm sure this would have worked but reading the information on the page you directed me to, it looks like the client has not deployed the logviewer on this portal.

So without this I am sceptical whether I'll be able to get access to these files at all... If anyone has any more ideas I'd welcome suggestions, but I'm now feeling pessimistic.

Cheers,

Richard

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What portal version you are using? even i didnt deploy logviewer on my portal but still i am able to access it. So kindly check it and give a try i think it has to work.

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Try logging on with the following:

http://server:port/nwa

Then goto system management -> Monitoring -> Logs and traces

This will display the logs from your file system.

Thanks,

Nick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya, thanks for your post, the version is 6.0.19 (NW04 SPS 19). I did check already and what I could see was an error message telling me the log viewer wasn't deployed and a reference to an OSS note. I don't administrate the Portal so I can't apply any notes unfortunately.

Thanks,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick, Brad (above) already suggested this but it unfortunately doesn't work - I get a message "System Landscape Directory is not accessible".

Thanks,

Richard

brad_landry2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

if a SLD is deployed in the landscape, you can configure that in the visual administrator. No restart needed.

Brad

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The main problem was with accesses. I managed to get remote access to the server file system. Thanks for all the suggestions.

former_member388485
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could try and create a File System Repository on the logs folder.

Goto to <i>System Administrator -> System Configuration -> Knowledge Management -> Content Management -> Repository Managers -> File System Repository</i>. Click <i>New</i>, give it a name and a prefix, in the <i>Root Directory</i> insert: <b>
server-name\sapmnt\J2E\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\log</b>

Set <i>Security Manager</i> to <i>AclSecurityManager</i> set it to Read Only and click Save.

Now under <i>Content Administrator -> KM Content</i> you should see your created repository, and you can read the trace files.

Best Regards,

Avishai Zamir