cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP - controlling level of forecast

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using APO DP V5.

In my design, I can forecast at different levels of detail, in terms of characteristics, eg product and product group.

In batch jobs, I can of course define the level of detail, eg product group.

But in interactive DP, how can I <u>restrict</u> the user from planning at product level, for example.

Thanks, Bob Austin, Atos Origin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is an excellent design question. The way we addressed this issue is by defining the Header in the planning book using /sapapo/sdpuset transaction. You can use Header enabled in planning book user settings that will ensure that the selection is always opened with the header that has the level defined.(navigation Path drilldown setting) You may also try the SDP_HEADER BADi to fix the characteristics in the header. Am not sure about this option though. In anycase doing appropriate user training is also important.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take out the Product characteristic from the Planning Book which is to be used by the end-users. In that case the Shuffler will not have the Product Characteristic i.e. Interactive Planning will not be possible from that Planning Book at Product level.

Hope this helps.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Group APO,

In addition to the suggestions above, you can also try to add the Univariate forecasting button when the user tries to select a CVC in a certain level in the hierarchy (you can use BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_INTERACT). In this way, they can not execute Univariate forecasting at that level.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

we have the same issue, but solved this in the following way: if a planner drills down to article level, the row is set to output only, using the this logic:

IF DET_LEVEL( 'MATNR' ) = 1

Row: Demand Plan (Attributes) =

ROW_INPUT( 0)

ENDIF

That way s/he can see the plan, but now change. Alternatively you could also hide the key figure...

Hope this was a small inspiration,

cheers and good luck,

Klaus